Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 6, 2012

Light: 5 {or more} Minute Friday


From the Gypsy Mama ~


We are the Sunday Morning people

APRIL 6, 2012
It’s good Friday. Resurrection Sunday is coming. I needed much more than five minutes. But you’re still so welcome to link up your Five Minute Friday posts below. The prompt is “light.”
Click Here for Full Post
Light ~

When I think of light I think of darkness as well.  How can we see the light if there is not darkness for the light to shine through?

Light.  It makes plants, flowers and children grow.  It illuminates paths to take or shows you where you have strayed.  It warms and comforts.  It is sorely missed when too many cloudy days run together.

Before the Light could shine, darkness had its moment.  


At noon, darkness fell across the whole land until three o’clock.  Then at three o’clock Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?” which means “My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?”[a] Mark 15:33-34

So many times in my life, darkness had its moment before the Light shown.  I can't help but wonder why the Light chose to come the ways It has in my life. There where times when the Light came strong and mighty.  Where those times because I was in such a desperate state and needed a mighty fortress around me?  The other times the Light was barely noticeable.  Were those testing times?  Times that I had to learn to stand against the darkness holding tightly to the knowing the Light was with me.   


And we know that God causes everything to work together[m] for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them. Romans 8:28

Everyday I wish I knew what the "good" and "purpose" is for me.  They are always elusive.  Even when I think I know, I can never be sure.   Many times I know nothing more than the peace the Light gives.   That peace is what keeps me going, keeps me moving forward through the darkness towards the Light and all Its goodness.

Good Friday is that moment of darkness before the Light comes into Its glory and power; the time before the Light's "good" and "purpose" was revealed to the world.  Thank You Jesus that we no longer have to wait, to wonder, to live with uncertainty.   We  know Sunday already came and the freedom Sunday brings to all believers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment