Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 20, 2012

5 Minute Friday ~ Together


From the Gypsy Mama
Around here we write for five minutes flat on Fridays.
We write because we love words and the relief it is to just write them without worrying if they’re just right or not. So we take five minutes on Friday and write like we used to run when we were kids.
On Fridays we write with gusto, unselfconscious and flat out.
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Please visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments.
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:

Together…

I hear the song You and Me by Dave Matthews.  I gave my husband a framed picture of the lyrics to this song for Christmas one year.  There have been many Christmas's where we didn't have much for presents, so I struggled to find something meaningful yet thrifty to give him.  He loved it.  Here are the lyrics.

want to pack your bags something small
take what you need & we disappear
without a trace, we'll be gone, gone
The moon & the stars follow the car
& then when we get to the ocean,
we're going to take a boat to the end of the world...
all the way to the end of the world
oh and when the kids are old enough
we gonna teach them to flyyyyyyy

you & me together we can do anything, baby
you & me together yes, yes
you & me together we can do anything, baby
You & me together yes, yes

You & I we're not tied to the ground,
not falling but rising like, rolling around
eyes closed above the roof tops
eyes closed we're gonna spin through the stars
our arms wide as the sky, we gonna ride the blue
all the way to the end of the world,
to the end of the world

oh and when the kids are old enough
we gonna teach them to flyyyyyyy

(chorus)
you & me together could do anything, baby
you & me together yes, yes
you & me together we can do anything baby
You & me toghter yes, yes

we can always look back at what we did
always remembering you & me baby
But right now it's you and me forever girl
you know we could do better than anything that we did
you know that you and me we could do anything

you & me together c' do anything, baby
you & me together yeah, yeah

two of us together we c' do anything, baby
you and me together, yeah yeah
the two of us together yeah, yeah
the two of us together, we can do anything baby
something small, told her at least, the end of the world,
Copied from MetroLyrics.com 

I love the sense of freedom, faith, hope, and strength this song has.  No fear.  And best of all, to teach the children to live like that as well.  That part struck me the most since at the time, Josh and I were struggling with getting pregnant.  This song was almost like a promise we held on to ~  


Link Up Here

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of giving framed lyrics as a gift; creative and meaningful.

    ReplyDelete