Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Fit Friday # 1 (A Day Late)

On Monday I went to Swift Cantrell Park to walk 2 miles.  Before I left I made sure Jadon had a clean diaper and was fed, hoping that would keep him happy while on the drive there, during the walk, and home again.  What I didn't realize is how much time it took to do all of this.

During the day, Jadon usually wants to be fed every 2 hours or so.  I was hoping to get to the park, walk and home again before he wanted to be fed again.  After I fed him, it took me almost 20 minutes to get in my walking clothes, get my water bottle, and make sure I had everything I needed in the diaper bag, then it takes about 15 minutes to get to the park and about 35 minutes to walk 2 miles. 

Jadon slept on the way to the park and for the first mile.  At that point he had his fill of the infant seat in the stroller.  Luckily I learned to bring my Bjorn with me on outings for when he wants to get out of the seat.  He really doesn't take a pacifier well, so that doesn't help calm him down - he shoots it out of his mouth like a missile!  Mile 2 was completed with Jadon in the Bjorn while I pushed an empty stroller!  It was hard to tell what people thought when they saw me, sunglasses hid their eyes, but I did get a few smiles - not sure if they were laughing smiles or friendly smiles, but I smiled back. 

After I was done walking, I decided I didn't want to leave just yet and headed to the pavilions.  I changed Jadon and feed him hoping it would buy me more time but it didn't.  Nursing on a bench with no back isn't all that comfortable, so it didn't go that well.  Time to go home - after  5 minutes in the car, the crying began with increasing intensity.  When that happens, I just try to get home as fast as I can. 

Jadon Relaxing on the Table


Thursday I wanted to walk again, but decided I am not going to the park again for awhile, so I just walked around where I live.  I have this awesome app on my iPhone called Log Your Run- its is free.  It uses GPS to determine how far and how fast you are going, plays music from my iPod, saves the data, and posts to social sites.  Now what am I going to do with my $150 Garmin Watch?

Asleep in the Jogging Stroller

When I had finished walking my 2 miles, I was wondering why it was so hard.  Before I got pregnant I was running up to 9 miles!  Then I did some math - I am pushing a stroller up hills that has a 10+ pound baby, in a 10 pound infant seat, in a stroller (not sure how much that weighs), and I have an extra 10 pounds of baby weight from being pregnant.  That equals 30+ pounds of extra weight!  Now I don"t feel so bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment