Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Well Baby Visits & Vaccines

Jadon will be going to his 2 month check up at Kennesaw Pediatrics.  While I was pregnant, a friend was looking for a pediatrician and asked for suggestions on Facebook.  I looked up all the pediatricians suggested online.  Whoever designed KP's website did an awesome job with the design!  They used their marketing know how and totally sucked me in.  I went through their site and found lots of helpful information.  I love that you can make appointments online as well as office hours on the weekends for sick babies!  They have 3 waiting rooms - infants, well visits, and sick visits.  I also heard from a friend that they are flexible with vaccines.  Plus they are located about 10 minutes from where I live. 

Josh and I went for a tour to see the office and ask some questions.  A lot of the answers were somewhat vague, but it was a group tour.  The doctor giving the tour said that they look at each individual patient and develop a plan from there.  Even though answers seem vague (probably due to legal reasons since none of us were patients), I really liked the individual consideration.

I have heard a lot of families not taking their children to many doctor vists.  I agree somewhat ~ if it is not broke, don't fix it.  I don't go to the doctor unless I am sick enough to need antibiotics, and that is a rare occurance.  However, I don't see doctors as the enemy and the right one can be very helpful.

I have to be honest, I decided to take him for his well check up for these reasons:
  1. To be established at the practice, just in case of ,,, (fill in the blank),
  2. Confirmation that he is developing normally.
  3. Discuss vaccinations ~ which vaccines are the most important, which once can I delay, can I have a shot only visit.
  4. To find out how much he weighs and how long he is.  Mommy wants to know!
Side note on vaccines ~ at first we weren't going to vaccinate, but as I did research I thought, how would I feel if my son caught a disease that I could have vaccinated him from and had consequences from that disease? 

Food for Thought

No comments:

Post a Comment