Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

First Doctor Visit

I got to the office and had to fill out new patient paperwork ~ Jadon started crying,
  • Nursed, checked phone for information, and filled out 5 pages of paperwork at the same time!

Talked about vaccination schedules.
  • Decided to follow Dr. Sears' Alternative Vaccine Schedule with possibly a few of my own changes.
  • I was scared about Jadon getting a shot ~ he did great! Hardly cried at all!
  • Realized that I will be at the doctor's office once a month for the next 5 months. 

Vitamin D for Jadon was suggested since I am exclusively breastfeeding.
  • Shook my head that I understood, but it wasn't brought up again.
Asked about where Jadon was sleeping and was told that he needs to learn how to go to sleep on his own.
  • Still unsure how I am going to do it.  I will use the swing more - he falls asleep on his own in it and if he wakes up he will go back to sleep.
  • Biggest concern is not creating problems down the line.
  • Sometimes I just love holding him while he sleeps and other times I want to get things done.
Dr. Lavine was caring and friendly.  I look forward to developing a relationship with her as Jadon's pediatrician.  The nurse was quick giving Jadon his shot and let me take my time to nurse him afterwards.  All in all it was a good experience and I feel comfortable going back again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment